Friday 1 April 2011

Experimenting with a 'flatbed' audience

Contextually, artists such as Len Lye, Thad Povey and Stephanie Maxwell have been painting onto and scratching into film, creating psycadellic dreamscapes using colours and shapes worked into found, or self shot 16mm film. The effect is a surreal comulgation of movement, colour and line which can be quite mesmerizing. I am interested in installing my own experimental film as a ceiling projection, I feel confident that the quality of the film will become transportational when the audience lies directly beneath it. The abstract nature of the ‘clouds,’ is effectively a simulation of a memory or dream which I hope to embed within the audiences sub conscious, I am asking them to step into this portal and momentarily escape.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Backwaan on Twitter